Other Ways to Help
“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted” - Aesop
Here’s some other practical ideas to make a difference:
- Donate your pre-loved winter clothing, shoes and bedding to our Share the Warmth appeal and help those facing homelessness and disadvantage.
- Fill up a grocery bag with non-perishable food and toiletries and donate to our Emergency Relief program. Click here for a shopping list.
- Be a collection point – for friends and family who want to donate food and clothing but don’t have the time to deliver the goods.
- Organise a nappy drive within your mother’s group and collect nappies, plus other baby products (wipes, creams, baby food, and formula) and donate to our Emergency Relief program for families facing crisis.
- Ask your friends and family to ‘regift’ their unwanted gifts of toiletries, nice soaps and perfumes. Collect and deliver them to us for distribution to a local women’s refuge.
- Become a community visitor and spend an hour a fortnight visiting an older person in an aged care facility.
- Nominate a mum who is doing it tough to receive a Mother’s Day gift from us.
- Give a donation to Tree of Hope and help provide Christmas gifts for children and those doing it tough within the community.
- Nominate a family who is struggling financially to receive a Christmas gift from the Tree of Hope.
- Set up a tips jar at work or home and donate the proceeds. Every dollar counts and will be used to help someone in need.
Get in touch with us if you would like to help in any of these ways.